King Street in downtown Wilmington was a hub for many of the local purveyors. Chief among them were the butcher shops.
The Haldas name was a King Street fixture, synonymous with quality beef, chicken, pork, lamb, and veal. As the generations changed, so did the locations, but the tradition of quality continued.
Today Haldas Market is the only remaining butcher shop from a century
ago. From its humble beginning back in 1917, the tradition of quality
is being carried on for a new century, keeping the old and adding the